Just as it is important to know about the things that your travel insurance policy covers, it is equally crucial to be aware of the situations that are mostly not part of travel insurance policies. Unfortunately, people are used to making uninformed decisions where they don’t bother to delve deeper and extract all necessary information before buying the travel insurance policy.
It is a simple rule of life – guarantee trumps assumption. So let us present you a few risks that you thought are covered by your travel insurance policy but they are actually not. These factors are somewhat close to what is usually covered by travel insurance so it is seemingly easy to assume.
Following are the things travel insurance policies don’t cover;
- Accidents that occur while taking part in an extreme adventure activity like hang gliding, paragliding or bungee jumping are not covered by travel insurance policies. There are certain add-ons that may include these sports in your policy but you have to talk to the agent.
- If you injure someone on road, it won’t be covered by the policy.
- Alcohol and instances are also not a headache of your travel insurance policy.
- If you were being reckless or careless while taking care of your possessions and baggage then your insurance company won’t be responsible. The definition of recklessness and carelessness will be defined by the travel insurance provider.
- The medical aspect of your travel insurance is all about emergency care than your regular checkup. So if you have to go for a normal checkup, your insurance doesn’t cover that.
We would like to remind you that above-mentioned factors are generally not available in travel insurance policies around the world. However, different travel insurance companies in Pakistan have various provisions, which may or may not include aforementioned aspects.